Android 10 Coming to Google Pixel Phones Next Week

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The next big Android update is imminent. Two Google support agents have confirmed that Android 10 will be released on September 3, 2019. Pixel devices usually get first dibs, so owners should be able to check out all of the new improvements and changes in less than six days.

Those would include a system-wide dark mode, removal of the back button, new theming options, live transcription of media, and more stringent permissions. Google has dropped the dessert naming scheme from Android for branding purposes.

The update will most certainly arrive to all Pixel devices, including the Pixel 3/3XL, 3a/3a XL, as well as older troopers like the Pixel 2/2 XL. As a pleasant surprise, the original Pixel and Pixel XL, which were released all the way back in 2016, will also get Android 10 despite being outside of their two-year support window.

Oh that's... cool I guess. Ummm... is this HowardForums.com? Because that's where I'd expect to read about cell phone tech news. ;) Not to say it isn't news worthy just an interesting thing to find linked here.

Saw a lot of phone stuff on HardOcp as well. It's tech related.

Plus, I have a Pixel 3 and am glad to hear of this.

Not sure why they bother releasing newer and newer versions of Android.

I haven't noticed much of a real change since 4.1

They should just feature freeze and focus on bugs and security holes. What feature could anyone possibly be missing in Android today?

At this point, if it weren't for the security patches, I wouldn't care about Android updates at all.

Last edited:
Not sure why they bother releasing newer and newer versions of Android.

I haven't noticed much of a real change since 4.1

They should just feature freeze and focus on bugs and security holes. What feature could anyone possibly be missing in Android today?

At this point, if it weren't for the security patches, I wouldn't care about Android updates at all.

This. UI improvements have been pretty much non-existent for years. I don't get the hype around these new releases when they're really incremental updates.

Removal of the back button hardly seems like an improvement.

Removal of the back button hardly seems like an improvement.

Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on this release if the back button is gone. I never use gestures. In fact gestures are turned off.

Become a Patron!
Back