ANTEC Dark League DF800 FLUX White Case Review

LazyGamer

FPS Junkie
Introduction Today we’re taking a look at the ANTEC DF800 Flux in white, one of Antec’s newly released Dark League Dark FLUX series. The Dark League Dark FLUX series consists of six ATX cases that share a frame and differ primarily in aesthetics using Antec’s F-LUX Platform. At US$129, the DF800 Flux comes in at […]

Go to post

I like Antec. This should pop up on sale for under a hundy at some point. I don't really care about glass or LED disco lights, so if they offer a cheaper version omitting those that would be cool (not one listed on their site tho).

What I don't like is no dust filter for the front 3 intake fans. It has a bottome, side and top filter, but not on the front, where the primary intake is. Dust filters are a must for me and really cuts down on the cat hair intake.

I like Antec. This should pop up on sale for under a hundy at some point. I don't really care about glass or LED disco lights, so if they offer a cheaper version omitting those that would be cool (not one listed on their site tho).
The subtraction of glass should cut the price a bit, though I don't expect there to be much savings from dropping the RGB fans. You can just choose to not turn them on if you like, as they're the 5v kind that can be run from a motherboard header.

What I don't like is no dust filter for the front 3 intake fans. It has a bottome, side and top filter, but not on the front, where the primary intake is. Dust filters are a must for me and really cuts down on the cat hair intake.
Only thing I could think of was the limited intake up front; a front filter is going to cause further restriction and potentially increase fan noise, or otherwise potentially limit cooling.

The subtraction of glass should cut the price a bit, though I don't expect there to be much savings from dropping the RGB fans. You can just choose to not turn them on if you like, as they're the 5v kind that can be run from a motherboard header.

Only thing I could think of was the limited intake up front; a front filter is going to cause further restriction and potentially increase fan noise, or otherwise potentially limit cooling.
Yeah I mean when done right they can make a huge difference without impeding airflow. But all too frequently not. My P100 has a nice front filter, easy to pop off and clean. It doesn't eliminate dust intake but it helps a lot... and I have 3 cats so it gets cleaned frequently

I like Antec.
They were my go to brand for power supplies, and cases back in the day. They seemed to fade away, but I'm glad to see them coming back into the market again. As far as this case goes, it's a nice case, but the only thing that sets it apart from other cases is the front. The overall case seems like just about any other mid tower out there.

As far as this case goes, it's a nice case, but the only thing that sets it apart from other cases is the front. The overall case seems like just about any other mid tower out there.
Not much anyone can do. This configuration has become a standard of sorts, and is really the limit of performance while keeping the system compact as well as using the most accessible components.

Most innovation is being focused on either larger or smaller systems. Many higher-end boards are EATX now, and even some more mid-range boards. On the other end, if one is willing to put up with a few compromises, ITX delivers quite a wallop in a small package. But that's just considering 'features' and 'specifications'; cooling is an entirely different matter!

Become a Patron!
Back