Anthem's Lead Producer Has Left the Building

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Anthem lead producer Ben Irving has announced his departure from BioWare after eight "amazing" years for another, undisclosed game developer. This isn't great news for EA's online multiplayer action role-playing game, which has been struggling to gain (and maintain) its current playerbase.

Irving's leave comes just weeks after the debut of Anthem's massive 1.3 patch, which brought a new game mode called "Cataclysm" and fresh story missions. Gear, weapons, melee attacks, and the way Javelins interact with the environment have also been heavily tweaked.

"I will forever be grateful to all the people who gave me the chance to work on great products with amazing people. I believe Anthem has a bright future—there is a great team working on it and I look forward to following its progress (and playing it!) from the sidelines."

Sounds like he hung in there just to finish getting this last patch out.

I wonder if the two Dr's that started bioware are now finished with their non compete and can create another studio to do amazing new RPG's in America again?

I know I'm probably ****ing dreaming. But I really wish that would happen.

They probably made enough money during the EA buyout, and in EA stocks as well as salaries and general compensation under EA that they don't need to work anymore. We may not ever hear anything concerning those two again.

They probably made enough money during the EA buyout, and in EA stocks as well as salaries and general compensation under EA that they don't need to work anymore. We may not ever hear anything concerning those two again.

Considering what they had made that really is too bad. Plus I don't think they made it because they wanted millions to never challenge themselves again. But that's just me.

Considering what they had made that really is too bad. Plus I don't think they made it because they wanted millions to never challenge themselves again. But that's just me.

They were in the business a long time. They might just be done with it.

Become a Patron!
Back