Anyone seen/used new power supplies with the breakout header/dongle?

Burticus

FPS Junkie
Something like this

All of the mobo/sata etc modular power cords plug into the breakout dongle thing. To me this seems like you're just moving the cable clutter somewhere else... but if that somewhere else is maybe behind the mobo (which I saw on one of the newegg reviews) that could be cool.

I think they are overpriced, but it's rare to see innovation in power supply world so it caught my eye.

1631822680700.png

I have actually seen this done in some really high end boutique builds. Unfortunately, we'll probably need new chassis designs to really take advantage of these. Your right in that it is moving the clutter, but I'm OK with that.

Given the right build, that PSU would be awesome! Some custom open-space design (like a Computer Desk) where you could hide the backplane...

I think that their Syncro Q704 is a neat idea, and probably where this kind of PSU power lead breakout makes the most sense.

Otherwise it looks like something that could be evaluated on a 'case by case' basis as to the value add :)

That PSU has been on the front page of slick deals for a bit for somewhere in the $80-90 range after rebate. If I recall correctly, it came out a few years ago and was paired with a specific Seasonic case (the Synchro that @LazyGamer linked).

Become a Patron!
Back