AOC Announces AGON AG274QXM, a 27-Inch QHD IPS Display with Mini LED Backlight

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
aoc-agon-pro-monitor-purple-1024x575.jpg
Image: AOC

AOC China has announced its latest AGON gaming monitor, the AG274QXM. A variant of the AGON AG274QX model that was announced back in March, AOC’s new “M” revision boasts a 27-inch QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS panel with a Mini LED backlight that comprises 576 local dimming zones for improved contrast ratios and deeper black levels. The monitor supports refresh rates of up to 170 Hz via DisplayPort (up to 140 Hz via HDMI 2.0), a 1 ms GtG response time, VESA DisplayHDR 1000 certification for a peak brightness level of 1,000 nits, and Adaptive Sync/AMD FreeSync for tear-free gameplay. Users will also find four USB Type-A 3.2 ports and one USB Type-B upstream port...

Continue reading...

Getting closer to that ideal 1440p display I've always wanted but I've pretty much moved past now. Still a nice looking display by the specs. I'll be curious about the pricing on it. I rumors elsewhere that this presently is a China only item but I don't know how true that is and if so for how long. Seems to me there should be a large global market for something like this. Meanwhile I just got one of those MSI Optix MAG 31" 2560x1080 21:9 G-Sync HDR 200 Hz IPS monitors. Mostly loving it but it's only around 400 nits and that's my only real complaint with it(but I did know that going in). Displays with 1000 nits are finally gaining a foothold but we'll see about the price and you pretty much need that level of brightness for HDR to truly be worth it. I paid $400 for that Optix, who knows what this will go for.

Become a Patron!
Back