Apple’s Next iPhone Will Look a Lot Like the iPad, with Flat Edges Instead of a Curved Design

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
apple-ipad-pro-2020-1024x576.jpg
Image: Apple

If you’re an iPhone user who’s a fan of Apple’s new iPad Pro, you’re in luck, as the company is reportedly adopting the tablet’s design cues for its next round of mobile devices. Bloomberg’s sources claim that premium models of the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max will not only ditch the curved edges, but re-incorporate the flat screens last seen in the iPhone 5 (2012).

“This year’s successors to the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max will be joined by two lower-end models to replace the iPhone 11,” wrote Bloomberg. “At least the two high-end devices will have flat stainless steel edges instead of the current curved design as well as more sharply rounded corners like the iPad Pro introduced in...

Continue reading...

Hmm, if I hold my Xs next to my iPad Pro they already look pretty similar with respect to the corners.

The side bands, not a big deal either way. I did like the look of the flat steel on the 5, but holding the rounded edges feels a bit better. It isn’t a huge distinction either way though.

My biggest gripe with the iPhone (apart from iOS) is the placement of the Sleep button. It used to be along the top, they moved it to the right hand side for some reason. Now half the time I tru to put my phone to sleep I end up taking a screen shot because the volume buttons are directly across on the left and it’s hard for me to hold the phone without pushing both simultaneously. First world problem, I know.

I have cases on my phone and pad, so while I actually like the look of the flat edge, I don't see it being much of a selling point.

People still care what there telephone looks like before it goes in a bulky protective case? Does it make phone calls still? Can it access the Internet? Ok cool it's a smartphone, lets move on as a society. I'm thankful for all the tricks my phone can do but the look isn't one of them.

they've been going for this look for a long time I think. Yet, I really like it, Samsung went to this design a couple of years ago (could be more) with Galaxy, my current galaxy 10 is really similar to this.

People still care what there telephone looks like before it goes in a bulky protective case? Does it make phone calls still? Can it access the Internet? Ok cool it's a smartphone, lets move on as a society. I'm thankful for all the tricks my phone can do but the look isn't one of them.

I get called crazy a lot, but I don’t use a case with my phone

Reactions: _k_
Become a Patron!
Back