Votes: 1 2.4%
  • PowerPC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Pancakes

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters
I think things are fairly simple right now. If all you want to do is play games, Intel is still better for absolute performance. If you go beyond 1080P then the gap between AMD and Intel shrinks. If you want to do streaming while gaming or you do anything else with your PC besides play games, then you'll want to go with Ryzen. Outside of a few specific situations, its basically better at everything but gaming.

I think things are fairly simple right now. If all you want to do is play games, Intel is still better for absolute performance. If you go beyond 1080P then the gap between AMD and Intel shrinks. If you want to do streaming while gaming or you do anything else with your PC besides play games, then you'll want to go with Ryzen. Outside of a few specific situations, its basically better at everything but gaming.

I would be interested to see how they stack up in 64p large maps in BF4. Older game, but it could slam 8 threads no problem

I would be interested to see how they stack up in 64p large maps in BF4. Older game, but it could slam 8 threads no problem

What are we talking about here? Did it slam eight threads at 90%+ each or show 25-50% loading on eight threads?

What are we talking about here? Did it slam eight threads at 90%+ each or show 25-50% loading on eight threads?

When I still had my FX8320 @ 4.5, it slammed all 8 to 90% or more, 1440p xfire 280x. Now, I do realize the nature of the FX, but still. I feel would still be interesting to take a look at

My 3770K at 4.4ghz hits 100% on all cores/threads if I leave the FPS unlocked in rainbow six

Brand loyalty is for employees threatened with redundancy.
Whatever is fastest without being over priced rules.
I will wait until common sense returns if a company does an NVidia.

Im an AMD guy in my heart but my Wallet and my heart aren't very friendly.
I buy what performs the best for my conditions always.

Well, it's hit or miss depending on what I'm building. If it's gaming, Intel is faster. Productivity, same performance for less cost is AMD all the way. Recently AMD has caught up in most games where it's not much difference (I game much less and program/develope much more these days) anymore, so it will be AMD until Intel catch up to everything besides a couple of games.

Become a Patron!
Back