Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon Announced by Bandai Namco and Elden Ring Developer FromSoftware

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Bandai Namco and FromSoftware have announced Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon, a new entry in the long-dormant mech franchise that promises to re-imagine the acclaimed series, which hasn't seen an installment since Armored Core: Verdict Day, a standalone expansion to Armored Core V that released on September 24, 2013, for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles.

See full article...

For years I been wondering if FromSoftware would ever return to this IP. I didn't think that would happen ever since their Souls-like games took off. Armored Core was the series that introduced the company to me. I don't play Souls-like games so whenever I see that company's name I still think "Armored Core." When I saw this trailer during The Game Awards (which I never ever f*cking watch, but this time I was streaming it through Steam cuz I wanted to win a 512GB Steam Deck, which I did NOT win), I saw mechs and robots and sh1t, and I was like "NO F*CKING WAY it's AC, probably some new IP, maybe something that is a 'spiritual successor' or some sh1t." So when I actually did see the "Armored Core" name, my mind was blown. Very unexpected and surprising. I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT and my eyes were as big as dinner plates. I'm glad they didn't forget their roots, even if they ignored them for many years. Really glad they went back to Armored Core. Hope this game turns out decent. I didn't even know Armored Core 5 came out on 7th-gen systems. I thought the series had been dormant much longer than that.

Become a Patron!
Back