ASRock’s Base Frequency Boost Technology Is Now Available on Select 300- and 400-Series Motherboards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asrock-bfb-technology-banner-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASRock

ASRock has published a short but sweet post elaborating on its all-new Base Frequency Boost (BFB) technology, which should be of interest to anyone who’s upgrading to a non-K series Comet Lake-S processor but want to get a little overclocking action going. While an initial slide suggested otherwise, the company has clarified that the feature will not only be available on 400-series motherboards, but the 300 series as well. That would include the Z390/B365 and Z490/H470/B460 chipsets.

According to ASRock’s charts (which are “for reference only”), BFB can overclock an otherwise locked Core i9-10900’s base frequency from the default 2.8 GHz to 3.7 GHz, while the previous generation’s i9-9900 can be boosted from 3.1 GHz to 3.9 GHz. TDP could jump as high as 125 W with the feature enabled, however...

Continue reading...

Funny thing is I think Intel will let it slide this time in an attempt to gain enthusiast market-share from AMD.

..well poo .. I Thought this was for AM4 mobo's .. silly me

Become a Patron!
Back