ASRock B550 Taichi Motherboard Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
banner1-1.jpg

Introduction

The Philosophy of Infinite Potential, this is the design language behind the new ASRock B550 Taichi Motherboard.  Today we will be taking the new ASRock B550 Taichi Motherboard based on AMD’s new B550 chipset through its paces on our test bench and seeing what this motherboard has going for it. Priced at $299 this motherboard comes in on the high-end side of AMD B550 chipset motherboard offerings.  It’s packed with features, making this B550 chipset motherboard rival features found even on AMD X570 motherboards.  It takes...

Continue reading...

Thanks for the review! That's a sweet looking and performing board. Interesting the performance difference difference between the 2 m.2 slots, pci-e 4/3. Thanks for that analysis 👍

I thought @Dan_D was going to handle the ASRock review or is that a different ASRock mobo he's working on?

I was hesitant to go with an ASRock board, but so far my experience has been pleasant, at least in the TR4 realm.

It's nice to know that at least the Taichi run of mobos, seem to continue to be fair performance for the money.

I like Asrock. But a $300 B550 mobo is crazy talk.

While listening to the pcper podcast, I think they mostly agree with your take on the board but they found the price beeing too high as the X570 taichi costs the same and B550 should be a lower budget option.

If that board was $75 less it would make sense. At $300 I don't see a reason to get this B550 over an X570.
I agree as well. My next board will either be a X570 or the next-gen board that comes out after that one. My next purchase, I'd like to have last as long as my X470 one did, if not longer.

I was hesitant to go with an ASRock board, but so far my experience has been pleasant, at least in the TR4 realm.

It's nice to know that at least the Taichi run of mobos, seem to continue to be fair performance for the money.

I have a ASRock B450 ITX board with an APU and it has been great so far.

Very good review, awesome pictures. What a nice board, wish it was X570 for this quality. Price does seem high, is this going to push up next Xx70 board prices?

Become a Patron!
Back