ASRock Phantom Gaming Z790 RIPTIDE WIFI Motherboard Review

Spencer_E

n00b
Introduction Today we have the new ASRock Phantom Gaming Z790 RIPTIDE WIFI in the house to put through our testing and see how it holds up. Currently, this motherboard is $249 on NewEgg, putting it at a very attractive price point. We will be loading this motherboard up with the i7 14700k that we recently […]

See full article...

Is Intel that limited on pcie 5 lanes that it can't support a x4 m2 slot and a x16 pcie slot st full pcie lanes? I found that offputting even if not needed.

Yeah.. Intel was on the PCIe limiting bandwagon a while ago. Sadly, AMD followed suit shortly thereafter. Your only saving-grace if you're looking for more PCIe lanes is to go the Server Motherboard route or HEDT with AMD's Threadripper series.

Yeah.. Intel was on the PCIe limiting bandwagon a while ago. Sadly, AMD followed suit shortly thereafter. Your only saving-grace if you're looking for more PCIe lanes is to go the Server Motherboard route or HEDT with AMD's Threadripper series.
Yea, maybe if I went a few hundred K to use as I want. ;) I'll take the dive and build myself a true HEDT.

Become a Patron!
Back