Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Smashes Sales Records, Becoming Ubisoft’s Biggest PC Launch Ever

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
assassins-creed-valhalla-eivor-ultimate-edition-1024x576.jpg
Image: Ubisoft

We’ve lost count of the amount of Assassin’s Creed games that are out there, but recent events suggest that the franchise may have only begun to reach its peak.

Ubisoft has announced that the latest entry, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, has managed to sell more copies in its first week than any other Assassin’s Creed game, making it the biggest launch in series history. It also sold more PC units in the first week than any other Ubisoft game in that same time span.

“We are truly delighted by the enthusiastic response from players and want to thank the fans for their incredible support. Delivering this game amid a global pandemic was a...

Continue reading...

It may also be due to the delays faced by Cyberpunk 2077 and the gaming market not being particularly interesting right now. Are there any other big games coming out this month?

Yea and Assassins creed to us older gamers has always delivered on an interesting story and things to do that add to your character in the game. Plus being able to strengthen your base of operations is also nice. And I haven't even gotten the game yet so I can add it to my christmas list for my wife.

Watching videos it seems like the gameplay in this one is even more generic and repetitive, which is quite a feat even for Ubisoft. Seems like they took the criticisms of Odyssey and did the opposite of what they suggested.
Shows how important those achievements are
Launch sales happened before anybody knew there were no achievements.

I wonder if they are counting all the Ubi Soft Connect downloads as sales?

Watching videos it seems like the gameplay in this one is even more generic and repetitive, which is quite a feat even for Ubisoft. Seems like they took the criticisms of Odyssey and did the opposite of what they suggested.

Launch sales happened before anybody knew there were no achievements.

This is a good point this could simply be pointing out that the effects of the current stay at home economy are having on creating a BOOM for gaming. People can buy new games without leaving their homes and play them. Entertainment expenditures are skyrocketing. It isn't a direct pointer to the quality of the game more to the desperation of the consumer.

It's like cheering that you have the cleanest environment in decades this year. Yea because nobody is driving... do you not see the correlation?!

Very good news. Developers making lots of money of good single player games means they'll keep investing in them. It wasn't that long ago that they're was concern the entire genre was dead. As a long time, single player kinda guy, I'm glad to see there's still a market.

Become a Patron!
Back