ASUS’ 43-Inch ROG Strix XG43UQ HDMI 2.1 Gaming Monitor Will Be Available In May

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-rog-strix-xg-43-uq-monitor-living-room-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

ASUS has confirmed that the ROG Strix XG43UQ, the world’s first HDMI 2.1 monitor, will be available for purchase beginning next month. The ROG Strix XG43UQ features a 43‑inch panel, 144 Hz refresh rate, 1 ms MPRT, and Display Stream Compression technology that enables 4K 144 Hz via DisplayPort 1.4. ASUS’ ROG Strix XG43UQ monitor has also been blessed with DisplayHDR 1000 certification, which means that it can reach brightness levels of up to 1,000 cd/m2. Pricing information was not included in the press release.

Image: ASUS

Along with offering amazing 4K 120 Hz gaming on the latest consoles via HDMI 2.1, Strix XG43UQ...

Continue reading...

I'm still thinking this is the same panel used in the Acer Predator CG437K. It's interesting that they found a way to enable 144Hz via a single DisplayPort cable. The Acer requires two cables, which disables G-Sync / FreeSync. Otherwise, the specs on the panel are identical from what I can tell.

I'm still thinking this is the same panel used in the Acer Predator CG437K. It's interesting that they found a way to enable 144Hz via a single DisplayPort cable. The Acer requires two cables, which disables G-Sync / FreeSync. Otherwise, the specs on the panel are identical from what I can tell.
Probably does what the PG27UQ does: Setting 144 Hz forces 4:2:2 chroma subsampling with 10-bit color, which cuts required bandwidth by one-quarter. 120 Hz 8bpc and 98 Hz 10bpc can still use RGB.

EDIT: Scratch the above. The product page says this monitor is using DSC, so it can do RGB with 4K 144 Hz without the need for chroma subsampling. It also has an HDMI 2.1 port so you can use that if you have an RTX 30 series or AMD RX 6000 series card.

https://rog.asus.com/us/monitors/above-34-inches/rog-strix-xg43uq-model/

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back