ASUS Announces ROG Strix, TUF Gaming, and Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Graphics Cards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASUS has announced its first custom GeForce RTX 4070 graphics cards in the form of the ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070, TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070, and Dual GeForce RTX 4070. The ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 and TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 look pretty much like any ASUS fan might've expected, featuring a "cyberpunk" and "military-grade" aesthetic, respectively, while the Dual GeForce RTX 4070 marks the return of the Dual design, available in black and white options. ASUS didn't provide any pricing information in its writeup.

See full article...

Dual 4070? Do they mean a 2-slot 4070? Why would they call it a Dual 4070?

The Dual cards are also available in two colors, but because the white version is new, I think we can safely assume the "dual" refers to the fans (as @Grimlakin suggested), and also rule out an intentional dual meaning. From Asus' description: "Now available in the standard black color tone and a brand-new white version, these [Asus Dual] cards are the perfect match for more budget-oriented or small form factor builds."

No RGB, (relatively) compact size, and a single 8-pin PCIe power connector. I think those characteristics would make this card appeal to a lot of people if it were priced right, but at $600+ (Nvidia's MSRP or greater), I'm not sure the "budget-oriented" label is appropriate. In fact, including "budget-oriented" and Nvidia in the same sentence is widely regarded as an English usage error.

Become a Patron!
Back