Asus Crosshair VIII Hero, M.2 Install?

Which M.2 slot am I supposed to use? Does it not matter? I'm not seeing a specification in the manual.

m2.PNG

I'm hoping I can use the 2nd. I have a Corsair MP600 that I'd need to take the heatsink off to fit in slot 1. If I leave the heatsink on I can't put the chipset fan grill back on. Slot 2 would allow me to just remove that small board heatsink but if slot 1 is going to give me better performance I'll suck it up.

M2.jpg

I don't think it matters. I put my test MP600 in the first slot. I am not using the heat sink on it. I'm relying on the heat sinks the motherboards come with.

I don't think it matters. I put my test MP600 in the first slot. I am not using the heat sink on it. I'm relying on the heat sinks the motherboards come with.
Thanks man, that's what I was thinking as well regarding slot placement. I'll probably just leave it in slot 2 for now, maybe I'll install an OS on it and try it in both slots.

Well the first uses lanes directly from the CPU while the second uses the ones from the Mobo, but on X570 that should be fine either way. I would put my fastest one in the first slot though.

Become a Patron!
Back