ASUS Launches Neon Genesis Evangelion Z690 Motherboard and GeForce RTX 3090 Graphics Card

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASUS has launched new PC hardware inspired by one of the most popular Japanese anime series of all time, Neon Genesis Evangelion. They comprise a themed ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO motherboard and ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 graphics card, both of which feature a design and color scheme inspired by Shinji Mikami's iconic cyborg vehicle, Evangelion Unit-01.

Go to post

Are there still fans of thst show with the disposable income to buy them? Now an SI making a themed build this could be a godsend for but still I ask.. who?

Good gawd, thinking about it now, I watched that shiznit like 25 years ago. This is a really random-@ss cross-property match-up.

Don't mind the color scheme for the mobo, although I'd rather it not be themed towards an existing media IP. The card can look okay depending on the lighting and angle (mainly just the fan side), but it's not for me, visually-speaking.

I was never into anime myself. Not my cup of tea either, but to a fan of the show it might be. I actually liked the Asus Gundam themed hardware even though I wasn't into the show. That carries a premium price and good luck finding the case, motherboard, and video card to match for any of these.

Are there still fans of thst show with the disposable income to buy them?
Eh, the 'Hero' board is only US$10 more than the unskinned version. The GPU is where it's at for the markup, and the limited nature seems to be part and parcel of the pricing here.

[I almost went with one of the HERO boards myself, but decided to go with MSI's MEG Z690 ACE instead due to a few additional features like being able to use four NVMe slots without sacrificing the x4 PCIe slot (in which I have a 10Gbit NIC), and having two 2.5Gbit NICs onboard as opposed to just the one on the ASUS - and ASUS having the explodey capacitor problem on this board along with MSI generally doing better with DDR5 compatibility]

I like stuff like this, changes things up a bit, now if they would only release one that I would be interested in :p

Become a Patron!
Back