ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 Listed for $1,799

This is why I like the ones with AIOs: just max out the power limits, and it'll run silently at max boost without complaint.
It does run a bit hotter when I do that. Seems this is pushing their cooling to it's limit. Usually averages around 60c but with power limit to max it gets around the low 70s. Still fine but I usually like around 60c more. Boost clock in silent mode is around 1750-1850 MHz while when I OC'd it to max I got brief spikes around 2025-2050 Mhz, but they were short. OC'd it'll easilly hold in the 1900's but I usually have to crank up my case fans. Meanwhile in silent mode I'm only losing around 100-200 MHz and well worth it. Running silent with power limit max will have moments in the 1900s as well but the fans do start to rev up then.

Just got my Aorus 3090 Master today and odd enough it runs cooler than my 2080Ti by about 6c
Yeah, I'd it's one of the nicest things about the 3090's. If well made, they don't have to work very hard to get the job done thus able to be quieter and cooler too. Kind of like swapping out an underpowered engine for something that's just a bit over the top.

Yeah, I'd it's one of the nicest things about the 3090's. If well made, they don't have to work very hard to get the job done thus able to be quieter and cooler too. Kind of like swapping out an underpowered engine for something that's just a bit over the top.
I'm gonna guess since the difference in performance between the 90 and the 80 aint that huge, an 80 would be somewhat cool n quiet as well if of decent quality manufacture/design.

I'm gonna guess since the difference in performance between the 90 and the 80 aint that huge, an 80 would be somewhat cool n quiet as well if of decent quality manufacture/design.
I'd say so. The real issue is VRAM. If you don't need then not an issue but if planning on a lot of 4K gaming then sooner or later it will be. If just doing 1440p it ought to be an amazing experience.

I'd say so. The real issue is VRAM. If you don't need then not an issue but if planning on a lot of 4K gaming then sooner or later it will be. If just doing 1440p it ought to be an amazing experience.
At this stage I'm leaning more and more towards a vanilla EVGA black or such 3080 for my my 4K60 gaming, and see what comes up after that.
It would fit well in my small case and water cool easy with either a EVGA kit or something else. I'm pretty close in the EVGA que too.

I'm pretty close in the EVGA que too.

I should be there on the 3090 FTW Ultra as well. I haven't cancelled it as of yet just in case someone may want one and I can help them out. Been in that queue since early October.

I should be there on the 3090 FTW Ultra as well. I haven't cancelled it as of yet just in case someone may want one and I can help them out. Been in that queue since early October.
I've been in since 9/16.
I canceled some due to their size like the FTW's (wont fit in my case) but probably should have saved them for others.
I thought I mostly was just taking up space someone else could use but obviously it could have been done like you do too.

I've been in since 9/16.
I canceled some due to their size like the FTW's (wont fit in my case) but probably should have saved them for others.
I thought I mostly was just taking up space someone else could use but obviously it could have been done like you do too.
Yeah I'm not out to scalp a card either which I/we may be in the low percentage on that I would think..;)

These were up on Newegg for nearly an hour a couple weeks ago. I was tempted to order one, but I'm still being patient. Waiting to see what the 3080 Ti will end up being.

Become a Patron!
Back