ASUS Shows Off Its GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Prototype Graphics Card Featuring Two M.2 2280 SSD Slots

It's a different one, you can see that better in the video

How so? I've watched the video. It's just one M.2?

Even the screenshot you posted shows the BACK of the NVME drive while the first screenshot I posted shows the FRONT of the NVME drive. The screenshot I posted also shows the white background around the NVME drive where the square hole is.

The front of the PCB has NO m.2 slot.
On your sceenshot, you can see the m.2 slot at the bottom of the NVME drive.

1688310137820.png

1688310148500.png

I guess I need some new glasses /hangs head in shame :oops:

My guess, whether bifurcation (of some type), Multiplexing (mixing the storage and gpu data on all 16 lanes), or some other tech, that it is being handled entirely on the board.

I am also guess this is a proof of concept device to test the waters. A 4060 is going to have much less heat and power to deal with than an XX80/90 allowing NV to focus more on design/driver than heat dissipation and power limitations. So while not a GPU many on FPS/[H] would put in their main box - still a useable gpu for second boxes or less demanding consumers/gamers.

How so? I've watched the video. It's just one M.2?

Even the screenshot you posted shows the BACK of the NVME drive while the first screenshot I posted shows the FRONT of the NVME drive. The screenshot I posted also shows the white background around the NVME drive where the square hole is.

The front of the PCB has NO m.2 slot.
On your sceenshot, you can see the m.2 slot at the bottom of the NVME drive.

View attachment 2569

View attachment 2570
I guess I need some new glasses /hangs head in shame :oops:
No worries with either. Tom's and VideoCardz both indicated there were two (although VideoCards went back and forth with SSD / SSDs) hence why I reported the same but I honestly couldn't see it either. I'm still leaving it since perhaps there's another prototype that does have the other slot since there are enough PCIe lanes to support both and Tony was merely testing the single version.

Become a Patron!
Back