Atari Experiencing Legal Woes and Delays with the Launch of Its New VCS Console

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Atari-VCS-1024x576.jpg
Image: Atari

In recent years, Atari has come to resemble a phoenix as each summer begins. Originally, the revived console was announced in June of 2017 at E3 as the Ataribox. The Ataribox had a motif reminiscent of the Atari 2600. This was at a time when many other console manufacturers were re-releasing versions of their own classic systems. It seemed poised for success, as the public consumed these releases unto the point of some selling out. In June of 2019, things had slowed in this nostalgic market, but Atari’s train was still rolling. The Atari VCS 800 was made available for pre-order. Sporting an AMD Ryzen CPU and coupled with nominal features such as USB 3.0, HDMI, and WiFi, it seemed ready for prime time. Marketing for the iconic brand would even reach new heights with...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yar, don't think I'd trust any hardware shipping from this "Atari".

It's too bad, I really like the look of this console box. Spec-wise it looks nice, and I would potentially be in the market for one as a portable 'travel PC' when I'm on work trips.

Nobody wants this thing anyway. It will be $20 before you know it.

Nobody wants this thing anyway. It will be $20 before you know it.
Yeah, when that happens the backers that have put up over $400 for one are not going too happy. I agree though, if it makes it to shelves that could very well happen. On the other hand, this could be the new E.T. ;)

Become a Patron!
Back