Back 4 Blood Blocks Achievements, Stat Tracking, and Progression for Solo Players

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
back-4-blood-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Turtle Rock Studios

Back 4 Blood, Turtle Rock Studios’ upcoming Left 4 Dead successor, is strictly meant to be a multiplayer experience. This has been made painfully clear by some of the restrictions that the developer has placed against solo players in the co-op shooter, which include the lack of achievements, stat tracking, and even progression toward accomplishments.

Limitations in Back 4 Blood’s solo campaign mode, as confirmed in a screenshot shared by a disappointed player:

Uses solo decks created in the Fort Hope deck menu.Maps and objectives will be adjusted.Matchmaking and player invites are disabled.Earning Supply Points is disabled.Stat tracking is disabled.Earning progress towards Accomplishments is disabled...

Continue reading...

Its just tooOOoo many negatives to invest into B4B and this last desperate PR false hope is only placed there so their sick crap (MTX is good for them) wouldn't hurt B4B sales numbers.

LOL, you shouldn't have gone out of your way, I wasn't going to play the game anyway :p

From what I've seen, this game is an uninspired L4D clone that doesn't do anything particularly original or do what it does all that well. It's as generic as a horde shooter gets.

These days I only play solo, so that's a down point for me right there. I agree that it looks like a L4D clone so another reason for me to pass.

These days I only play solo, so that's a down point for me right there. I agree that it looks like a L4D clone so another reason for me to pass.
Well it's a game made by the creators of L4D who no longer have the rights to the name and made a spiritual succesor so I guess that this was to be expected?

Well it's a game made by the creators of L4D who no longer have the rights to the name and made a spiritual succesor so I guess that this was to be expected?
It is to be expected, but my main point was the solo playing issue.

Except they didn't have Valve this time around to polish their gameplay for them. Turtle Rock had a great idea with L4D, but Valve polished it to the classic that it is.

Become a Patron!
Back