Baldur’s Gate 3 Is Too Complex to Run on the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, Claims Larian Studios

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
baldurs-gate-3-dragon-1024x576.jpg
Image: Larian Studios

The Baldur’s Gate franchise has graced consoles before, but don’t expect the third entry to be released on the current-generation PlayStation or Xbox.

In a recent interview with Eurogamer, executive producer David Walgrave suggested that Baldur’s Gate 3 is far too demanding for today’s consoles. While a PS5 or Xbox Series X port is possible, Larian Studios would have to gut the game and dial down its graphics for the current generation.

Eurogamer: “Once it’s done on PC and it does come to thinking about consoles, would that be next-gen?”

Walgrave: “Mmhmm! I don’t think that current-gen consoles would be able to run it. There’s a lot of technical upgrades and updates that we did to our engine, and I don’t know if it would be capable of being able to actually run on...

Continue reading...

I'm loving this PC first mentality. Build it right, port it later. The game looks great and the engine beneath it's awesome and flexible. I'm loving Divinity Original Sin 2 right now. This studio is awesome.

I'm not worried about a console port. No real cause to buy a new gen console.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back