Batman Prefers American Muscle: Matt Reeves Shares Photos of New Charger-Inspired Batmobile

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
the-batman-batmobile-overhead-cropped-1-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

It appears that Batman has traded in his armored tanks for something that’s a bit more low-key.

Director Matt Reeves has shared photos of what is presumably The Batman’s new Batmobile, and it doesn’t resemble anything that Gotham’s resident crime-fighting billionaire would drive in the modern age. Batman’s new ride is basically a vintage muscle car that’s reminiscent of classics such as Dodge’s 1970 Charger.

🦇🏎 #TheBatman pic.twitter.com/qJFNprk1ut— Matt Reeves (@mattreevesLA) March 4, 2020

If it weren’t for the massive mid-engine, the car would probably fit...

Continue reading...

Though I am a fan of American muscle cars, it really doesn't fit his image since he's a millionaire playboy who mainly gravitate towards super cars. At least it isn't over the top like some previous batmobiles.

I gotta say that car does look kind of badass. And wasn't the original batman car based on a lincoln?

And as an aside wouldn't that car blend in a bit for for stealth operations?

I want to see pictures of the new Bat Mini-Bike to go with this new car

Though I am a fan of American muscle cars, it really doesn't fit his image since he's a millionaire playboy who mainly gravitate towards super cars. At least it isn't over the top like some previous batmobiles.

It looks like they are doing an earlier incarnation of Batman where he's younger and his toys are a bit less advanced. Early on in the comics, Batman used regular cars off a dealership lot. He didn't get the custom built / purpose built cars until later on.

Here's a nice read from 2016.

https://www.businessinsider.com/batmobile-evolution-2016-3
1583591026914.png
Image Credit: Warner Bros Online

From Business Insider:
"The first car to be referred to as a "Batmobile" appeared in Detective Comics No. 48 in 1941. It was far more subtle than any of its successors. The car, which appears to be inspired by the Cord Roadster, had a small gold bat on the hood."

Become a Patron!
Back