Battlefield VI May Not Be Releasing on Last-Gen Consoles

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
battlefield-v-art-female-soldier-1024x576.jpg
Image: DICE

Rumors from earlier this year suggested that DICE’s sixth installment of its popular military FPS franchise, Battlefield, would be a cross-gen title that would see release not only on the PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S, but last generation’s PS4 and Xbox One consoles as well. Industry insider Tom Henderson has alluded to the contrary, however, noting that he hasn’t heard anything concrete from his sources about a previous-gen version of Battlefield. While this is bad news for Battlefield fans who are still stuck on older hardware, Henderson did confirm that Microsoft would be bringing the game to Xbox Game Pass on day one to improve its opening numbers. Battlefield’s next-gen exclusivity would also suggest that the six...

Continue reading...

Good. It was too long after the eighth console generation launched before devs stopped making games targeted for the prior generation.

Good. It was too long after the eighth console generation launched before devs stopped making games targeted for the prior generation.
Yeah man. At this point there is no reason to release new titles on last-gen consoles anymore. Reminds me of when Destiny 1 came out. No PC version, but the fools at Bungie wasted time with an X360 and PS3 version. Ended up dropping support for it, and it didn't get newer expansions and patches after a certain point. I think the whole thing was a waste. Should have focused only on 8th-gen consoles and PC. If you're a dev making a game now, don't waste your time with 8th-gen consoles. Their time has passed (says the man who keeps using consoles that date all the way back to the 3rd generation as if they were still current).

I get that, but there are no new consoles to buy, and people who don't have the right console don't buy your game and game companies like to sell games

Become a Patron!
Back