Battlefield VI Will Reportedly Be Released This Year as a Cross-Gen Title with Support for Up to 128 Players

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
battlefield-3-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: DICE

The sixth installment of EA and DICE’s long-running Battlefield franchise will be released this year on the PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S. That isn’t news to anyone who recalls CFO Blake Jorgensen’s remarks about a holiday 2021 launch during EA’s Q2 2021 earnings call, but what might surprise fans is that Battlefield VI will reportedly be a cross-gen title that’s also in development for last generation’s PS4 and Xbox One consoles. The rumor comes from industry insider Tom Henderson, who shared a new video revealing purported details about the game, such as a 128-player and/or battle royale mode...

Continue reading...

I'm not playing any more cross-platform trash until Sony and Microsoft remove the use of Cronus controllers.

Cronus controllers
First, I gotta ask: what are these?

As far as cross-generation, I bet it'll work... mostly. Shouldn't be too hard to dial down the visuals and tune the maps, and on the plus side, the maps will likely be tuned very well for higher-performance on PCs.

Won't be nearly as bad as letting juvenile console players on with PC players, because that's just not fair ;)

I'm not playing any more cross-platform trash until Sony and Microsoft remove the use of Cronus controllers.
Considering controller players get the full advantage of obscene auto aim on PC I couldn't care less about Cronus or XIM users.
Adapters that map controller input to keyboard & mouse. Cronus is the new kid on the block and does a surprisingly good job. It still isn't 1:1, but with the right configuration it is pretty **** close.

As far as cross-generation, I bet it'll work... mostly. Shouldn't be too hard to dial down the visuals and tune the maps, and on the plus side, the maps will likely be tuned very well for higher-performance on PCs.

Won't be nearly as bad as letting juvenile console players on with PC players, because that's just not fair ;)
Considering controller players get the full advantage of obscene auto aim on PC I couldn't care less about Cronus or XIM users.

Adapters that map controller input to keyboard & mouse. Cronus is the new kid on the block and does a surprisingly good job. It still isn't 1:1, but with the right configuration it is pretty **** close.

The Cronus Xen controller is not a XIM interface. It's essentially a third party controller that is programmable for enhanced aim assist and recoil mitigation. Pretty much removes all recoil. In games like Warzone it pings an enemy the second you start firing at them, locks on and tracks them. So, aimbot.

You can buy these things at Walmart. They 100% legal cheats. And neither developers or Sony/M$ are doing anything about it.

I was actually convinced until a year ago that Battlefield was a worthy competitor to COD, as I've never really played any BF games since 1942. But then I tried Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V, and found out that they are actually the worst kind of trash, no, not even the worst kind of trash imaginable, they are worse than I could've ever imagined. So I have no effing clue how does this series still exist and why won't everyone just play COD?!

I was actually convinced until a year ago that Battlefield was a worthy competitor to COD, as I've never really played any BF games since 1942. But then I tried Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V, and found out that they are actually the worst kind of trash, no, not even the worst kind of trash imaginable, they are worse than I could've ever imagined. So I have no effing clue how does this series still exist and why won't everyone just play COD?!
BF4 is seriously the last good entry in the series. I have no idea what DICE were thinking when they made BF1, and it has just been all downhill from there. We'll have to wait and see if they are serious about going back to what made the series great or if they are just going to continue making woke trash.

if they are just going to continue making woke trash.
it's not just that, the maps were as bad as if they were from an on rails shooter from the 90s. The graphics looked awful, the scripts blatant, the level design piss poor, what did I leave out?

Because we're still playing Battlefield IV... really :)

https://banzore.com/

Become a Patron!
Back