Benedict Cumberbatch Returning as Doctor Strange for Spider-Man 3, Opening Up the Portal to Spider-Verse

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
doctor-strange-poster-hand-1024x576.jpg
Image: Marvel Studios

The next Doctor Strange movie won’t hit theaters until 2022, but we’ll be seeing the Master of the Mystic Arts back on the big screen before then. In an exclusive report, The Hollywood Reporter revealed that Benedict Cumberbatch will return as the Sorcerer Supreme for Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios’ third Spider-Man film, which will begin filming shortly for a December 2021 release.

“The move puts Cumberbatch in the mentor role that was previously occupied by Robert Downey Jr., who played Tony Stark/Iron Man in Spider-Man: Homecoming, and by Samuel L. Jackson in Spider-Man: Far From Home, the latter reprising Nick Fury,” The Hollywood Reporter wrote. “The role gives Holland a chance to play opposite seasoned actors, gives...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit I haven't really read many comics in the last 5-10 years but it sounds like they're substituting Madame Web for Doctor Strange now. Even though he often had many cameos she was the one usually mentoring Peter through the multiverse from the 1970s to the early 2000s. Either way, I'm pretty excited about this and I think it'll be an awesome movie.

Become a Patron!
Back