Best Buy Has Been Authorized to Fix Your Broken Apple Products

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
If you've got a broken iPhone or MacBook that requires repair, just head down to your local Best Buy. Apple has teamed up with the electronics retailer in a major expansion of its authorized service network.

The partnership adds 1,000 locations to Apple's pre-existing network, which includes Apple retail stores and over 1,800 third-party service providers. Best Buy's Geek Squad will perform same-day iPhone repairs or service to any other Apple product.

“At Apple, we’re dedicated to providing the best customer service in the world,” said Tara Bunch, Apple’s vice president of AppleCare. “If a customer ever needs to repair their products, we want them to feel confident those repairs are done safely and correctly. We’re always looking at how we can reliably expand our network of trained technicians and we’re excited to partner with every Best Buy store so it’s even easier for our customers to find an authorized repair location near them.”

It won't be same day for the computers. The iPhones will probably be replaced on the spot with refurbished stock for that purpose. The computers take time to diagnose and for parts to get ordered.

I had a phone screen replaced at BB about a year ago. It worked, and the wait wasn't as long as the Apple Store (locally they are usually backlogged a couple of weeks here).

I loathe BB ordinarily. It was actually repaired, not replaced. Apparently Apple has a machine that pretty much does the work for you.

I've done so many Apple repairs on their PC's and laptops over the years. I hate working on them and with the company. They are literally the worst of the big manufacturers to deal with.

I prefer working on iPhones as opposed to newer android offerings .. as a whole seem easier to take apart

..and I just did a hinge repair (replace plastic washers with metal ones) on an iMac

But as stated .. I've fixed a lot of "fixed" BB PC's

Well, I don't buy Apple hardware because it's easy to fix.

I buy it because it needs to be fixed less often.

Become a Patron!
Back