Bethesda Apologizes for Starfield Being Exclusive to Xbox and PC

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
starfield-key-illustration-1024x576.jpg
Image: Bethesda Game Studios

During this week’s Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, Microsoft happily announced that Bethesda Game Studios’ next epic RPG, Starfield, would be releasing on November 11, 2022 exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC. Bethesda’s Pete Hines (SVP of Global Marketing & Comms) was urged to address Starfield’s Xbox and PC exclusivity during a stream with Gamespot’s Tamoor Hussain today and ended up going so far as to apologize to PlayStation owners, who will be unable to enjoy the new space-faring RPG on their next-gen consoles. Many Xbox fans have found Hines’ response surprising and unnecessary, being that the industry seems to have no issue with Sony flaunting its exclusives whenever it can. “…there’s not a whole lot I can do about it,” Hines admitted.

“I don’t know how to allay the concerns of PlayStation 5 fans other than to say, well, I’m a...

Continue reading...

I’d fire him for apologizing. Nothing to be sorry about.

There are many reasons he should be fired; this is but one more.

Yar, I agree that he doesn't have anything to apologize for but also feel his response wasn't very controversial. To me it reads like a less dick-ish "Playstation has exclusives, Microsoft has exclusives; Sorry that's frustrating".

Meh you can always buy more than one brand of console. Sure, it costs money, but something being an exclusive is hardly the same thing as it just not being availabile

This title had not been on my radar.

With First Person being an option, I think it might interest me.

Become a Patron!
Back