Bethesda Charging Fallout 76 Players $99.99 a Year for Private Servers

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Bethesda has introduced a new premium membership option for Fallout 76 fans who want the post-apocalyptic wasteland all to themselves, or a group of up to seven friends. For $12.99 a month (or $99.99 a year), Fallout 1st will offer "Private Worlds," which will allow players to do exactly that. It'll also grant a number of in-game benefits, such as a scrapbox that grants unlimited storage for crafting components, a placeable fast-travel point in the form of a survival tent, 1,650 Atoms per month, and the iconic Ranger Armor outfit.

Only the owner of a private world is required to be a Fallout 1st member. Head into your private world, open your Social menu once you’re in-game, and start inviting your friends to kick off the party. You can also create a squad outside of your private world and then switch to it to bring everyone along at once. Should the owner of the private world leave, the world will still stay active as long as one other player in the world is a Fallout 1st member.

So other than this being a money grab based on cloud based infrastructure that they have automated... why can't they give the players the code to host their own servers where they see fit cloud or otherwise?

This rubs me wrong....
I agree, this is a money grab for the remaining players. What make this worse is there was suppose to be a big update with NPC this year but that has gotten push back until next year while players gets this crap.

Uh, no. I don't do subscription games. I like the fallout games, but 76 didn't grab me, let alone pay to play

Become a Patron!
Back