BIOSTAR Enables PCIe 4.0 Support on Four 400-Series Motherboards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Following ASUS's lead, BIOSTAR has released new BIOSes enabling PCIe 4.0 on four of its AMD 400-series motherboards: the X470GT8, X470GTN, B450MH, and B45M2. The update effectively increases the speed of the boards' primary PCIe x16 and M.2 NVMe slots.

The privilege may not last, however. Tom's Hardware claims AMD will eventually disable this in a future AGESA microcode update, which is probable based on the company's recent remarks regarding PCIe 4.0 support on older motherboards.

Biostar has a bunch of AMD 400-series products in its arsenal, but only four made the cut. The X470-based motherboards include the X470GT8 and X470GTN while the B450-based offerings consist of the B450MH and B45M2. The firmware to enable PCIe 4.0 is available for download at the motherboards' respective product pages.

I honestly didn't know they were still making enthusiast boards. I have used a few of their boards in the past with okay results. Good to see Biostar still in the game and doing well.

I honestly didn't know they were still making enthusiast boards.
I had the same thought, glad to see them still hanging in there. I think I was confusing Biostar with Epox for a minute there.

I honestly didn't know they were still making enthusiast boards. I have used a few of their boards in the past with okay results. Good to see Biostar still in the game and doing well.

They don't get reviewed very often. Biostar's presence in North America is minimal to say the least.

Minimal for a reason. At least something like this gets their name out a bit again.

It's cool they are doing this though. For however long it lasts.

Become a Patron!
Back