BIOSTAR RACING X570GT8 Motherboard Leaked

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The first X570 motherboards are being teased by manufacturers ahead of Computex. MSI showed off their MEG ACE in a few cryptic photos last week, and now, BIOSTAR has “leaked” their RACING X570GT8 in an annual catalog. It’s a 12-phase VRD motherboard supporting DD4 memory up to 4000 (OC) MHz.

The specs sheet confirms that X570 chipset supports PCI Express Gen 4, although this information is only mentioned for the M.2 interface. The X570 RACING GT8 features three PCIe x16 slots and three PCIe x1 slots. There is only one Gigabit Ethernet port and it appears that the motherboard ships with a DVI display connector (for Vega-based processors).

Well, it is Biostar. I don't expect super fancy things out of them...

Like the fact that they are claiming their PCIe4 x4 M.2 slots support 32 Gbps. Since PCIe4 is 16 Gbps/lane, at least one of those two specs are out of sync.

Yeah, I'm not sure where that's coming from. Translation between the U.S. and China on these articles tends to be messy, so I'll chalk it up to that. BioStar actually makes good boards in my experience, but we didn't cover them very often due to BioStar's presence in North America being limited.

Become a Patron!
Back