BioWare Luring Mass Effect Fans Back to Anthem with Paid Javelin Cosmetics

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Today is N7 day, and BioWare is celebrating with a collection of Mass Effect-inspired skins for Anthem. Players can dress up their Javelins with special armors based on four of the trilogy's staples: Garrus, Liara, Tali, and Wrex. It's a great way to reminisce over one of BioWare's biggest past glories, but unfortunately, the skins require a payment of 61,000 Coins or 850 Shards (about $8).

There's a new Mass Effect-themed emote in Anthem's in-game store too: the Shepard Shuffle. Unlocking the emote allows your javelin to perform the awkward dance of the Mass Effect trilogy's main character, a long-running joke in the franchise. There's also a new Mass Effect: Andromeda-themed wrap available for purchase to adjust the Mass Effect skins to look like the armor worn by the Turians, Krogans, Turians, and Asari in the Andromeda Initiative.

Yeah adding paid DLC .... that's really luring me back into a dead game.

No idea what Anthem's direction is, it had so much promise. It just needed more time in the womb.

I'm a huge Mass Effect fan. I don't like Anthem very much. I have it and don't play it. My reaction to this is a "haha no." Honestly, this is sort of insulting at best, and at worst it reminds me of what BioWare used to be and what the studio used to be capable of. It wouldn't make me forget about Anthem's problems, if anything, it would remind me of just how far BioWare has fallen.

It also showcases just how desperate EA is here.

Become a Patron!
Back