BioWare Releases 4K Teaser Trailers for New Mass Effect and Dragon Age Sequels

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
bioware-25-dragon-age-mass-effect-split-1024x576.jpg
Image: BioWare

It’s no secret that BioWare has been hard at work on new installments of Mass Effect and Dragon Age, but during last night’s Game Awards show, the developer finally gave impatient fans an honest peek at what these heavily anticipated sequels might look like and where they might fit in relation to the rest of their respective series.

The Mass Effect teaser is actually pretty interesting in that it seems to contradict previous rumors of the title being a direct follow-up to 2017’s much-maligned Mass Effect Andromeda. Despite starting off in one of the most cliché ways possible, the footage eventually segues into chilling franchise staples such as the sound of a Reaper and what...

Continue reading...

That is unmistakably Liara's face. Also looks like that could be Mordin, Male Shepard and Wrex in the background. That is definitely a Salarian, Male Human, and Male Krogan standing back there.

Remember that, no matter which ending you chose, they all originally ended with a closeup of Shepard's armor as they take a sudden breath before it fades to black.

Remember that, no matter which ending you chose, they all originally ended with a closeup of Shepard's armor as they take a sudden breath before it fades to black.
The breathing scene only appears in the red ending, but not in the others. At least when I last played that's how it was.

The breathing scene only appears in the red ending, but not in the others. At least when I last played that's how it was.
Like I said. I have never played the game after the DLC that extended the ending. I remember the morning I got to the end of the game reloading my save to choose all 3.

I'm kind of meh on Mass effect and Dragon Age right now... maybe when we see something more substantial? For whatever reason I loved the first 3 mass effect games but the andromeda one was missing the magic for me I never got more than a couple hours into it.

I'm kind of meh on Mass effect and Dragon Age right now... maybe when we see something more substantial? For whatever reason I loved the first 3 mass effect games but the andromeda one was missing the magic for me I never got more than a couple hours into it.
I'm on the meh level for Dragon Age. DA:I was overrated, I didn't hate it, but it was no better than ME:A, on the contrary I Think ME:A was a far better game than DA:I. So I still hold out some hope for Mass Effect, but not expecting much.

Looking forward to both of these but more so for ME. DA, well, we'll have to wait and see. The DA franchise has had more ups and downs so I'm not really sure what to expect yet. ME, sure it has had its own, but fans have been really vocal about their expectations for the franchise. Let's hope the developers listen and put out something all can appreciate. In either case, definitely need to see more before we really know.

Hate to say it but I think anyone looking forward to this is setting themselves up for big disappointment. Bioware ain't what she used to be, and her EA overlords aren't doing it any favors.

I want to believe, I really do.

It's true they're not what they used to be. Someone could seriously do a movie or book on it. However, I want to have hope that if they can keep things rolling sooner or later it'll get better. Never as good as it was, but at least maybe some new directions with a level of quality that isn't an insult to the fans.

Become a Patron!
Back