Bitmain’s Antminer E9 Is Equivalent to 25 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 GPUs in Ethereum Mining Power

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
bitmain-antminer-e9-mining-system-1024x576.jpg
Image: Bitmain

Bitmain has unveiled a mining system called the Antminer E9 that boasts an incredible Ethereum hash rate of 3 GH/s. As pointed out in Wccftech’s coverage, that’s equivalent to 25 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090s (120 MH/s per unit), 32 GeForce RTX 3080s (94 MH/s per unit), and 115 CMP 30HXs (26 MH/s per unit). Despite its predictably insane power draw (2,556 watts), owners in the U.S. could leverage its performance to make nearly $240 per day based on the nation’s average electricity rate of 13.19 cents per kWh.

If the price for the Antminer E9 falls between $20,000 to $30,000, the time to break even will fall between 85 days to 127 days. It’s certainly a much better investment than 25 RTX 3090s which would cost around $75,000 on the resale market putting the time to break even at 311 days in the best-case scenario assuming that electricity is cheap...

Continue reading...

That's an amazing box if you want to do Mining as a business. I wonder how well it mines Doge coin. ;)

When these bad boys roll out and a flood of misused mining GPUs hit the used market, I'll open my home to a GPU or two.

When these bad boys roll out and a flood of misused mining GPUs hit the used market, I'll open my home to a GPU or two.
I think there are already a couple of ETH mining ASICS, I haven't seen GPU availability become any better.

BTW wasn't eth supposed to be ASIC "resistant"?

BTW wasn't eth supposed to be ASIC "resistant"?
Yeah I can recall some people swearing ETH couldn't have an ASIC because it was based more on memory throughput than compute power.

I always believed - there's no way it wouldn't. Not like you couldn't just load an ASIC up with memory bandwidth...

GPU availabilty won't come until these ASICS proliferate - the "professional" miners will buy them up - the additional compute to the coin will sink the value of mining, then GPUs will no longer become profitable to run. It takes a year or so, or at least it did for BTC.

Become a Patron!
Back