Blizzard Is Nerfing One of Diablo IV’s Most Enjoyable Builds Because It’s Ruining the Experience for Other Players

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Evasion Eagle, or, more simply, Evasionborn, a ridiculously overpowered build for Vessel of Hatred's new Spiritborn class that allows players to literally blow through Helltides, The Pit, and practically every other challenge in Diablo IV due to its ability to evade infinitely while launching demon-seeking projectiles without any cooldown, is being nerfed because it is "impairing" the experience of other players in the game, according to the latest news shared by Adam Fletcher, Global Director of Community for all things Diablo.

See full article...

This is a good example of why I pretty much stopped playing Blizzard games.

They are horrible at balance. They always have a tendancy to swing to extremes with updates, then oscillating back the other way with the nerf bat to the other exteme.

They can never just find a happy medium, or leave well enough alone.

This is a good example of why I pretty much stopped playing Blizzard games.
The last 2 Blizzards games I played where the first of the three Starcraft 2 games, and Diablo 3. I did not bother to finish SC2 Part 1, and the one I really wanted all along was Part 3, with the Protoss. But by the time that one came out, I had stopped caring altogether. I lost my Blizzard account and they were no help in getting it back, but I had no paid games on it so I didn't care. I wasn't gonna make a new account, and there was no community demo for Diablo 3, so I had to play Diablo 3 on console, which was painful. But I did play through the game and the expansion. I've been hoping for a community demo (for a loooong time now) or a release on Steam or GOG so I can play the game again with different classes, but nope. And I'm not touching that sh1t again on console. I'm not into MMOs so the last Blizzard game I put time into was probably Warcraft 3, if memory serves correct.

They are horrible at balance. They always have a tendancy to swing to extremes with updates, then oscillating back the other way with the nerf bat to the other exteme.

They can never just find a happy medium, or leave well enough alone.
Sheesh man, wow. Glad I never had to deal with that sh1t. My friend is a lifelong Blizzard fan (or wuz), and he knew he was gonna stay away from Diablo 4, but something in him made him eventually buy it anyways. And he regretted it, cuz he didn't like it at all.

The last Blizzard game I ever played was Diablo 3. I didn't care for it. After a couple hours I abandoned it and never went back. I didn't think it was that good and nostalgia for the first two games weren't enough to carry me through the 3rd one.

I played Diablo ii resurrected for 6 months solid, so I apparently don’t have an issue playing blizzard games. That said, I only played d3 one play through and haven’t bothered with d4.

This is the type of thing why I loath live service games (besides not being playable offline, or after the servers are taken offline).

I played Diablo ii resurrected for 6 months solid, so I apparently don’t have an issue playing blizzard games. That said, I only played d3 one play through and haven’t bothered with d4.

Back in the day, I played the ever-loving crap out of Diablo and Diablo II (including all commercial additions). I expressly stayed away from D3 for many years due to a complete intolerance for in-game shops where real money could be exchanged for digital items found in game - thus legitimizing the practice of "gold" farmers and sellers.

A couple years ago, I went through a bit of nostalgia and bought a combo sale of D2R and D3; it was cheaper than buying either one alone. I played D2R a little, and made only one play-through of D3. I didn't care much for some of the graphical changes in D2R (for a modern audience), and D3 just didn't appeal (it's probably intended for a much younger audience). Given that D3 had no offline play available - you had to be logged in to your Blizzard account - that turned into a non-starter. You could play D2R offline, but Blizzard nagged you to log in - so that became a non-starter, too.

My current and still favorite ARPG is Grim Dawn. It, too, is not without criticisms, but I've found the game balance is skewed more toward ensuring that gamers have fun and less toward "look at me and this shiny thing I found that I know you now want." Yeah, they've had balance tune ups over the years as well, but mostly with the goal of making all character types playable and enjoyable but not at the expense of others. In other words, each character class and class combination should not be overly dependent on specific gear or a specific build progression in order to play through the official content while still being fun along the way. Gamers being gamers, especially min/max gamers, will usually find a way to break the balance, but that doesn't mean a non min/max character won't be viable.

If the key litmus test applied to games is ... "is it fun?" ... then my opinion is that Blizzard has strayed from the fun path and, as their products demonstrate, they have instead taken the corporate-greed path. D4 is a non-starter and thus far has been a dumpster fire best viewed from afar.

Just my two copper.

Become a Patron!
Back