Blizzard Issues New Patch for Diablo II: Resurrected to Address Disappearing Characters and Loss of Progress

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
diablo-ii-resurrected-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Blizzard Entertainment

Blizzard’s highly anticipated remaster of Diablo II launched this week, but things did not go swimmingly, as early players encountered a variety of nasty issues that included offline characters disappearing and/or total loss of progress. Luckily, Blizzard appears to have identified the issue and has released a new patch (9.24) that should address some of the game’s outstanding problems. It also includes fixes for more traditional but equally annoying issues such as crashes.

General

Fixed saves for offline characters that shared the same names as their online charactersFixed an issue preventing players from creating a game in their region after they joined a game in a different regionFixed an issue that caused the in-game cinematics to stagger or stall

Stability and Performance

Fixed a bug that could cause players to...

Continue reading...

Wait... this game came out? Wow... just wow blizzard... I'm in a discord with a bunch of players of D3 and not one mention of this. That's bad news.

Wait... this game came out? Wow... just wow blizzard... I'm in a discord with a bunch of players of D3 and not one mention of this. That's bad news.
I would say keep playing D3 it's a much better game.

I would say keep playing D3 it's a much better game.
What now? D3 is definitely the lesser game, and it had a truly terribly launch. Never finished it at launch, but did get back around to it for RoS.

What now? D3 is definitely the lesser game, and it had a truly terribly launch. Never finished it at launch, but did get back around to it for RoS.

A bad launch does not make a bad game and the fact that I played trough D2 once and played trough D3 dozens of time done countless rifts and whatnot begs to differ, but everyone is entiteled to his opinion.

I played the D52 beta a little, but the rubber banding and the lousy hit detection, running around after enemies that did not seem to care I was there or not got old realy realy fast.

Reviews on this game are not great, apparently a fresh coat of paint doesn't fix a 20 year old engine.

Reviews on this game are not great, apparently a fresh coat of paint doesn't fix a 20 year old engine.
What is there to fix? I loved the original d2, so super happy with getting it back with dramatically better graphics.

if you prefer the personal loot raining from the sky and less complex skill system of Diablo iii, then you’ll probably not like D2R.

Guess I should check out some reviews

What is there to fix? I loved the original d2, so super happy with getting it back with dramatically better graphics.

if you prefer the personal loot raining from the sky and less complex skill system of Diablo iii, then you’ll probably not like D2R.

I loved the original Diablo and Diablo 2. They were both fun games in their own right. Kings swords anyone? and OMG chain lightening to clear entire floors was THE BEST.

Well what I read wasn't BAD exactly, just that it hasn't aged well and D3 includes some of quality of life improvements.

I enjoyed it back in the day as well, I think I did 2 complete playthroughs which I almost never do.

Become a Patron!
Back