Borderlands 3 Launching on Steam Next Month with PC Crossplay and New Campaign Content

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
borderlands-3-steam-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Gearbox Software

Following six-months of Epic Games Store exclusivity, Borderlands 3 is finally coming to Steam next month. While there’s no way to pre-purchase the massively popular loot shooter yet, the store page does show a planned release date of March 13.

During PAX East, Gearbox revealed that the Steam version will support PC crossplay with the Epic Games Store. This means that users from both storefronts can team up for the game’s multiplayer modes, which comprise Campaign, Circle of Slaughter, and Proving Grounds. It’s all made possible by “some new SHiFT matchmaking functionality.”

Borderlands 3’s second campaign add-on, Guns, Love, and Tentacles: The Marriage of Wainwright &...

Continue reading...

Looks neat... I need to put some more hours into this game to see if it unlocks the fun.

I never thought of crossplay as PC to PC but purchased on different storefronts...

Reactions: _k_
I kind of fell off this game because of Jedi / MW / Outer Worlds etc etc... stuff I got for xmas. Maybe I need to pick it back up.

Real question is... this game is now down to $30 (on sale anyway). Are people suddenly going to jump on it now since it's going to Steam? Or has everyone already forgotten about it.

Now if Gearbox threw in the DLC/annual pass for free that could attract more people maybe.

Borderlands was always the "Same fight same opponents same BS."

If I were learning A skill, it would be worthwhile, but it's a game.

TakeTwo won’t get my money. I Don’t support unscrupulous publishers. I legitimately won’t buy from half of the industry anymore.

I really wanted to love this game. I loved the 1st one and 2 is virtually a perfect game but the pre-sequel was meh and 3 seems to be too.

I played for several hours and it started out pretty good but then it just kinda got boring. I'm in the section now where you can't get around in because every corner you go around there is a horde of random baddies you have to deal with. It got routine and mundane after a while and I finally stopped playing.

I'm not giving up on it and I'm sure I'll revisit it but I guess they just can't recapture the magic that was the first 2.

Become a Patron!
Back