Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 Reveals 310 GB Install Size

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Activision has unveiled its latest Call of Duty title, and with it comes the news that the next installment of the series, Black Ops 6, will require over 300 GB of storage space when it launches worldwide on Friday, October 25 for various platforms, including Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and Game Pass, per a new listing for the shooter that can be found on the official Xbox store.

See full article...

That's just comical. At this point they just need to sell it on a USBC drive with no install needed.

I usually just buy the newest COD games when they come out, but after this last game I may wait because it offered very little. I have said COD is becoming the new Madden with little updates from the previous gen.

Call of Duty: Modern Black Ops Blackout Zone 69

I won't buy another COD game until they bring back the option to disable cross platform play.

Seems this was an error, this is the total size for all recent COD games and their launcher not just BO6

that makes more sense. Lol. 300 gig for a single game is... atrocious.

That's still pretty trash. 300 GB for the campaign, multiplayer and warzone.

This is the quote
Correction: The estimated file size currently displayed on the Black Ops 6 pre-order pages does not represent the download size or disk footprint for Black Ops 6.

The sizes as shown include the full installations of Modern Warfare II, Modern Warfare III, Warzone and all relevant content packs, including all localized languages combined which is not representative of a typical player install experience.

Players will be able to download Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 at launch without downloading any other Call of Duty titles or all of the language packs . The actual estimation of the Black Ops 6 file size will be available closer to launch.”

This is the quote
Correction: The estimated file size currently displayed on the Black Ops 6 pre-order pages does not represent the download size or disk footprint for Black Ops 6.

The sizes as shown include the full installations of Modern Warfare II, Modern Warfare III, Warzone and all relevant content packs, including all localized languages combined which is not representative of a typical player install experience.

Players will be able to download Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 at launch without downloading any other Call of Duty titles or all of the language packs . The actual estimation of the Black Ops 6 file size will be available closer to launch.”
I kind of figured it was something like that. I remember this happening about a year or two back also but it's still a fun headline.

This is the quote

I'm betting it's close to 300 GB, just as I stated. I currently have MW3 multiplayer and campaign installed at 187 GB. Warzone is another 60-70 GB if I installed it.

Become a Patron!
Back