Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Could Require a Phone Number to Play, Similar to Overwatch 2

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will seemingly require players to register a phone number before they can play the action shooter, according to an updated support article from Blizzard that details phone requirements for some of the latest games on Battle.net.

Go to post

Like... really, Acti-Blizz?! 😏

Acti-Blizz STILL have not learned that all their failed tricks, you STILL CANNOT beat us!! ALWAYS 3-steps ahead of ya!
😂🙃😂

~ cough ~ *burner-numbers* ~ cough ~

It also requires me to buy it.

Next up: They'll require you to take a selfie of yourself holding up your ID. No kidding instagram is already doing that.

Seems like this is only for new accounts. If this required me to do this now I probably wouldn't bother with the game.

two words... google voice. <-- Yea yea I know google is the devil but I bet you SOB's have throwaway google accounts anyway. Get yourself a free google voice number and register it there. Problem solved.

As someone who will probably never play Overwatch 2, my concern is minimal. :)

I don't play any online or multiplayer games of any sort. It's a disturbing trend with online services of all types, and has only been getting worse. Don't be surprised when MS starts requiring a mobile phone to install Windows (some people don't even own smart phones).

I tried overwatch 2 briefly yesterday, did not need a phone nr to do so.

Also here in Belgium there is no such thing as a burner phone anymore (not that theyw oud work for this anyways), even prepaid simcards need to be registered to a user or they wont work.

I tried overwatch 2 briefly yesterday, did not need a phone nr to do so.

Also here in Belgium there is no such thing as a burner phone anymore (not that theyw oud work for this anyways), even prepaid simcards need to be registered to a user or they wont work.
Uhm... In the West, etc., burner-numbers (and oodles of more circumvent tactics 😉) has been confirmed and blessed to work very effectively. 🙄

two words... google voice. <-- Yea yea I know google is the devil but I bet you SOB's have throwaway google accounts anyway. Get yourself a free google voice number and register it there. Problem solved.
It only works with a permanent number from a major carrier I’m told - no burner phones, no pay as you go services, no voip services

It only works with a permanent number from a major carrier I’m told - no burner phones, no pay as you go services, no voip services
*sighs*

C'mon, Gurus. You guys can't be this out of touch or believe all the fear-mongers nonsense.

Uhm... StraightTalk, ETC., does work! ...and soooOOooo many other... uhm... things. 😉

*sighs*

C'mon, Gurus. You guys can't be this out of touch or believe all the fear-mongers nonsense.

Uhm... StraightTalk, ETC., does work! ...and soooOOooo many other... uhm... things. 😉
Well, part of it is that I don’t really care and have no plan to even try it.

Part of it is - well, yeah you can work around it - just like you can “work at round” draconian DRM, but that doesn’t make its use right or something you should excuse

Finally, I should post a source for my info. It has since been updated from when I last read it so it looks like the system has changed some already:

Mandatory "2FA" that requires a phone is complete BS, and has nothing to with security.

Well, part of it is that I don’t really care and have no plan to even try it.

Part of it is - well, yeah you can work around it - just like you can “work at round” draconian DRM, but that doesn’t make its use right or something you should excuse

Finally, I should post a source for my info. It has since been updated from when I last read it so it looks like the system has changed some already:

[/URL]
Oh... Let me be clear, I never doubted the ill verbatim articles that's everywhere about the forced BS, without none of these writers/so-called investigative journalist, confirming any of it.

Become a Patron!
Back