Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Reportedly Launching Next Year, Revolves Around Colombian Drug Cartels

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
call-of-duty-modern-warfare-john-price-raid-gear-1024x576.jpg
Image: Infinity Ward

Despite what gamers might think about Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War or its next installment, Call of Duty: Vanguard, which releases in November, the franchise will definitely be drawing a ton of eyeballs in 2022.

According to Battlefield 2042 leaker Tom Henderson and sources with VGC, Infinity Ward is set to return next year with a sequel to its critically acclaimed reboot of 2007’s legendary Call of Duty title, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will reportedly be next year’s Call of Duty game.

“It looks like Call of Duty: 2022 is codenamed Project Cortez,” Henderson tweeted yesterday. “It’s expected to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019.”

It looks like Call of Duty: 2022 is codenamed Project CortezIt's expected to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019.— Tom Henderson (@_Tom_Henderson_)...

Continue reading...

Didn't Modern Warfare 2 come out like 5 years ago and they released the remake last year?

I was just about to say something similar. I feel like there already is a Modern Warfare 2.

Then again, I've never been into the Call of Modern Battlefield series...

There was an updated "Modern Warfare" that came out about two years ago I believe. It's a soft reboot of the series and the game in question now is its sequel.

There was an updated "Modern Warfare" that came out about two years ago I believe. It's a soft reboot of the series and the game in question now is its sequel.
And it's not worth whatever they're charging for it. The one from 2019 is basically the same game as the one from 2007, with a few extra maps and updated textures/skins.

And it's not worth whatever they're charging for it. The one from 2019 is basically the same game as the one from 2007, with a few extra maps and updated textures/skins.
I'm not talking about the straight remaster which just had updated textures. I'm talking about the soft reboot, which is indeed a very different game from the original.

I'm not talking about the straight remaster which just had updated textures. I'm talking about the soft reboot, which is indeed a very different game from the original.
Exactly. The one that's tied to Warzone. I don't play warzone, and didn't play the single player either. But the MP maps are mostly all previous MW maps. For me, it's just a updated MW and MW2 from the mid to late 2000's.

Exactly. The one that's tied to Warzone. I don't play warzone, and didn't play the single player either. But the MP maps are mostly all previous MW maps. For me, it's just a updated MW and MW2 from the mid to late 2000's.
The single player game was actually quite good and nothing like the one released back in 2007. I only played the multiplayer a couple of times and didn't see any familiar maps from 2007 or it's follow up.

So let me get this straight... Modern Warfare came out 13 years ago but also 2 years ago which is a new Modern Warfare but there's also a new old Modern Warfare which has a sequel called Modern Warfare 2 which came out 11 years ago but also 2 years ago but won't be out until next year?

Which version of Modern Warfare do I have on the PC which was bought through Battle.net?

So let me get this straight... Modern Warfare came out 13 years ago but also 2 years ago which is a new Modern Warfare but there's also a new old Modern Warfare which has a sequel called Modern Warfare 2 which came out 11 years ago but also 2 years ago but won't be out until next year?
You got it in one! Screw this franchise completely.

Well, at least it's not more WW2 stuff.

I would like a sequel to the space one, Infinite Warfare which I actually really liked. But it was largely hated.

Well, at least it's not more WW2 stuff.

I would like a sequel to the space one, Infinite Warfare which I actually really liked. But it was largely hated.

I don't know. I kind of like gritty historical realism over anything space marines, but maybe that is just me.

The Red orchestra series has to be my favorite multiplayer FPS of all times in large part due tot he historical setting (contemporary feels too jingoistic to me) and the gritty realism and hopelessness it depicted.

I should add to that that I have never played a Call of Duty game, and have not played a Battlefield game since the original Battlefield 1942 almost 20 years ago.

Become a Patron!
Back