Can I turn off the word filter?

MadMummy76

FPS Junkie
If would be nice to be able to turn off the profanity filter on a per user level. I understand its necessity since comments do appear on the mine page, but it would be great if the less sensitive folk who is viewing from the forum could see through the **********************

Profanity status? Achievement unlocked after all goals are completed.

I need this at work also....

If would be nice to be able to turn off the profanity filter on a per user level. I understand its necessity since comments do appear on the mine page, but it would be great if the less sensitive folk who is viewing from the forum could see through the **********************

So... it's currently on because comments on article threads (news and reviews) get replicated to the main page and advertisers can blacklist specific pages if they have certain terms on them, such as profanity.

There does appear to be an add on that I can purchase that will disable the word filter for logged in users, which would solve this particular dilemma. But is it worth $35? 🙃

So now forums have microtransactions and in game purchases as well?

Indeed. If I could figure out how to implement the code without the dudes plugin it would be free. WordPress has a good number of them as well.

Maybe for Patreon supporters?

That would take a good bit of custom code...

Indeed. If I could figure out how to implement the code without the dudes plugin it would be free. WordPress has a good number of them as well.
Unfortunately I can't help there, I used to use IPB, but they went full berserk not even offering purchasable license just subscription.

Become a Patron!
Back