Can't see selection in editor

MadMummy76

FPS Junkie
In the post editor I cannot see the selection highlight on the text. Is this normal, or just happening to me? I'm on firefox.
If this is 'normal', can it be fixed in the color scheme please?
I often use selection when composing my messages, and it's pretty annoying having to do it blind.

Help me out here - is it like the selection in this screen shot? Or do you mean a different one?

If it's this screenshot, would it be solved by making the selected text white instead of black?

Screenshot_20200904-074018_Chrome.jpg

I can almost see what he's talking about. I don't have an issue with it but I could see some corner cases where it could pop up.

In the standard editor, The text box is dark grey, the text is white, and the selection color is black.

If your color profile were set up differently, or you are viewing in a bright room, or browser just interpreted the dark gray a bit darker than what I see, I could see that being difficult to see.

Capture.JPG

I can almost see what he's talking about. I don't have an issue with it but I could see some corner cases where it could pop up.

In the standard editor, The text box is dark grey, the text is white, and the selection color is black.

If your color profile were set up differently, or you are viewing in a bright room, or browser just interpreted the dark gray a bit darker than what I see, I could see that being difficult to see.

Interesting. Highlighted text color is white on desktop, black on mobile - assuming this is what OP was pointing out, my follow up question is what would be the best solution? I can change text or highlight colors easily, but I'm terrible at picking them.

Maybe it's my monitor, but selected text is indistinguishable on my screen. I can barely make it out if I lean 1 inch close to the screen and look at it from the bottom. But when viewing the monitor from normal angle I can't see it. The tone difference between the selection and the background is so minimal.

this.png
Left one is selection color, right one is the editor area background. It is very close.

That's not how it looks like for me at all. I can see that clear as day.
This is what I See:

ism.png

The word "this" is actually selected in the image.

So nobody has any suggestions? I'm the only one using FF here?

Somehow this was fixed just today. Selections are now highlighted with blue background on white text.

Somehow this was fixed just today. Selections are now highlighted with blue background on white text.
A light bulb went on over my head this morning and said bulb helped me figure out which setting to change. Though, color isn't exactly right... close enough so this works. Then I couldn't remember where this thread was :)

Become a Patron!
Back