Capcom Issues New Trademarks for Darkstalkers, Dino Crisis, and Power Stone

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Capcom wasn't kidding when it said it wanted to produce more remakes. Following the success of Resident Evil 2 (and the recently announced RE3: Nemesis), the company appears to moving full steam ahead with other franchises: new trademark applications for classics such as Power Stone, Rockman, Dino Crisis, and "Vampire" (Darkstalkers) have now been spotted. Dino Crisis, a PS1-era title that never received a remake, is sure to look incredible under the modern RE Engine.

According to a Twitter account that tweets out trademark applications in Japan from the “Public / International Trademark Gazette”, Capcom has filed several new trademarks. Apart from Power Stone and Rockman, the ones that genre fans are interested in are Capcom’s 1998 panic horror classic Dino Crisis and Vampire, aka Darkstalkers!

Definitely could use some more Power Stone games. So many multiplayer sessions with the second game on Dreamcast, and I also played it a decent amount on PSP. I've been wanting a new Darkstalkers game since forever. I used to play Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampires (Darkstalkers 3) on Sega Saturn a whole ****ton. I still play it from time to time. I didn't pick up the re-releases of the arcade versions of Darkstalkers 2 and 3 on 7th-gen consoles (or the collection on PS2). Would be awesome to have a new game in the series. And not a ****ing 2.5D game, I mean pure 2D with high-res art and tons of frames of animation. Like on the level of something ArcSys used to do. Dino Crisis would be a good IP to revisit with a remake of the same kind of quality as the RE2 remake.

I'm in for Dino Crisis as well. It wasn't as good as the Resident Evil games but still **** good.

Wonder if we'll get a Silent Hill remake out of all this? I don't think there would be a price too high that I wouldn't be lined up waiting to buy a copy.

I'm in for Dino Crisis as well. It wasn't as good as the Resident Evil games but still **** good.

Wonder if we'll get a Silent Hill remake out of all this? I don't think there would be a price too high that I wouldn't be lined up waiting to buy a copy.
Now we're talking!

I have fond memories of the first Silent Hill on PSX. I was 13 and on the road to recovery after a very difficult illness which was nearly the end of me and my mum took me on a holiday to help me heal for a week. We brought our PlayStation and a copy of Silent Hill along which we'd bought second hand. We played it every night for a week! I think I still have our working notes from the piano puzzle on post-it notes somewhere.

Good times.

Become a Patron!
Back