CD PROJEKT RED Apologizes for Cyberpunk 2077’s “Unplayable” Console Ports, Vows to Fix Them With Large Patches Next Year

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-female-v-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

PC gamers have been having a pretty good time with Cyberpunk 2077, but unfortunately, the same can’t be said for console players. Following an avalanche of complaints stemming from crashes and poor frame rates to graphical anomalies such as pop-in and low-resolution textures, CD PROJEKT RED has admitted that the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One ports could have used far more development time.

“[…] we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase,” a letter from co-founder Marcin Iwiński, President Adam...

Continue reading...

So... as a PCMR player... I'm not disappointed at all. If anything I feel a little bad for people trying to play a next gen title on a potato. How the heck is CDPR supposed to make a game with the Level of Detail they have today play on a freaking PS4? I for one want those players who keep the game to get something. But... if everyone returns it... let the thing die... Give them their money back or something else to resolve it. As it stands they have to re write an engine version for the PS4/XB1.

Part of me is worried in fixing that they will break the fidelity in the PC version. *crosses fingers*

Yeah they should just drop the last Gen ports and focus on PS5/XB1SX console versions. Not sure why they decided to spread themselves so thin across, what, six different platforms?

A lot of the issues boil down to lack of refinement.
Doesn't pay to do efficiency and refinement when hardware is just going to take care of it (in theory anyway)

Yeah they should just drop the last Gen ports and focus on PS5/XB1SX console versions. Not sure why they decided to spread themselves so thin across, what, six different platforms?

Yar, seems like at some point they should've realized the scope of the game is too large for the past gen of console and decide to focus exclusively on PC for launch and port it to PS5/XSX|S later on. But, y'know - they probably wanted to keep *somebody* happy and launch the game for as many consoles as possible.

The real dirty play in all of this is how CDPR didn't show any gameplay from the base PS4/Xbox leading up to the games release. They knew what a turd it was and it's pretty obvious they were trying to protect the turd as to not impact initial sales.

I'll be honest, the games feels more like it was ported to PC rather than from it.
It does. The controls and the UI are the big ones. Not just the bindings, but the movement just feels off.

I also worry that some of the promised features were cut down or even out to get the game to run on those potatoes, which is why it feels so broken even on PC. This game should have never even be considered for a release on the Gen 8 consoles. Sales data showed that something like 60% of total sales were on a PC platform, anyway.

First of all, didn't CDPR say if you bought the PS4 version, you got a free PS5 version when you upgraded?
So if I don't like how my game plays on my GTX 1080 or my 5700XT can I ask for a refund?
Those old consoles are not enough to handle this game.
Even an RTX 2080 struggles......I wouldn't apologize if I was CDPR, it shows alot class to do so.

First of all, didn't CDPR say if you bought the PS4 version, you got a free PS5 version when you upgraded?
So if I don't like how my game plays on my GTX 1080 or my 5700XT can I ask for a refund?
Those old consoles are not enough to handle this game.
Even an RTX 2080 struggles......I wouldn't apologize if I was CDPR, it shows alot class to do so.

Yar, PS4 version is a free upgrade to the PS5 version (when it's ready).

My issue with CDPR here is deliberately hiding the gameplay of the base PS4/Xbox from the public before release (media never received access to these ports either). They didn't show any footage, the closest we got was the PS4 Pro/PS5 video. For doing that, they better **** well apologize.

Well let's light a candle and hope it goes the route of No Man's Sky... that it will be fixed and all future DLC is free. Not holding my breath though

Yar, seems like at some point they should've realized the scope of the game is too large for the past gen of console and decide to focus exclusively on PC for launch and port it to PS5/XSX|S later on. But, y'know - they probably wanted to keep *somebody* happy and launch the game for as many consoles as possible.

The real dirty play in all of this is how CDPR didn't show any gameplay from the base PS4/Xbox leading up to the games release. They knew what a turd it was and it's pretty obvious they were trying to protect the turd as to not impact initial sales.
Ironically enough, for me anyway, it's like karmic payback for what PC users went through back when Spider-Man 2 was released for PC. This time around we all missed out a bit but obviously, those older consoles got the worst of it.

Become a Patron!
Back