CD PROJEKT RED Receiving Death Threats for Cyberpunk 2077 Delay: “We Are People, Just Like You”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-stickup-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

Yesterday, CD PROJEKT RED shared the shocking news that Cyberpunk 2077 would not be making its November 19 release date. Instead, the game was being delayed (for a third time…) to December 10 for quality assurance purposes.

Not surprisingly, the decision pissed off plenty of prospective players, many of whom have been waiting for the sci-fi RPG for years. But while some gamers have simply ranted and voiced their disappointment over social media, design lead Andrzej Zawadzki has revealed that a few folks have taken things to disturbing extremes, going as far as sending...

Continue reading...

Yea well CDPRoject Red should file charges and let the police force address these rage addled users. At WORST I just wouldn't buy the game I already preordered... ****...

I'll admit that I'm slightly annoyed by yet another delay for the game's release, it's not that big of an issue. Especially not during November when there are so many other things being released around that time.

It's certainly not worth making threats over.

Now, I would never condone or excuse this type of behavior. However, this is one of if not the negative consequence of the hype train that CD Projekt Red has created with all of the footage, Night City Wire episodes and other promotional materials for the game. It's a double edged sword to be sure. Had they announced the game and said very little about the release or the game itself, they probably wouldn't be receiving death threats when the company missed its target date for the third time.

For better or for worse people get vested in popular entertainment and this isn't entirely unexpected as a result of that. Broad reaching exposure increases sales. There is no denying that. But, as a result of that exposure more lunatics end up seeing it and latching onto the product.

If I was CDPR I would be looking to cancel those customers from getting Cyberpunk 2077.

Just cancel the game instead and not tolerate that attitude o_O

When I see a lot of hype, for a very long period of time, I just wait afterwards to see how it really turned out. No hurry, the game will still be around in 2 years all fixed up. Agree, plenty of other games to play or replay.

Now not sure of the extent of the threats or how widespread, if a few wacko's then that would probably be normal, if widespread then this hobby or long term game playing is becoming detrimental to some folks.

When I see a lot of hype, for a very long period of time, I just wait afterwards to see how it really turned out. No hurry, the game will still be around in 2 years all fixed up. Agree, plenty of other games to play or replay.

Now not sure of the extent of the threats or how widespread, if a few wacko's then that would probably be normal, if widespread then this hobby or long term game playing is becoming detrimental to some folks.

To be fair a lot of folks have been looking forward to this game. Yours truly here as well. And with xovid enforcing draconian lockdown rules it gets worse. People need to revisit their steam libraries instead of making death threats.

As usual I'm sure it's a very small group of people. Even if its dozens or even a hundred *******s, that would only be a fraction of this game's potential audience.

Oh my god what ****ing snowflake crybabies.

You have to wait three more weeks for a game.

Big ****ing deal.

Makes me think of the kid who corned himself with a remote control because his mom took away WoW.

This is what happens when you don't beat your kids enough. :p

Big ****ing deal.

Makes me think of the kid who corned himself with a remote control because his mom took away WoW.

That strikes me as more of an autism tantrum than the garden variety "mom won't let me play games" one

Big ****ing deal.

****, that was some rage potion he took. Withdrawal is ugly and it wasn’t called WoWcrack for nothing.

Become a Patron!
Back