CDPR Estimates Up to 40% Performance Hit When Cyberpunk 2077’s Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode Is Enabled without NVIDIA DLSS 3: “It’s Pretty Exp...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
CD PROJEKT RED has released a new "Behind the Settings - DLSS 3 & Path Tracing" video for Cyberpunk 2077, and according to Cezary Bella, a graphics programmer who's featured in the video, players may see a 30 to 40% drop in performance when the game's new Ray Tracing: Overdrive is enabled without the support of NVIDIA DLSS 3. The demands of Cyberpunk 2077's Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode was already teased last week as part of a 4K Technology Preview Reveal that saw a GeForce RTX 4090 delivering anywhere from 16 to 34 FPS in the game at 4K, and while DLSS 3 is capable of boosting those frame rates to over 100 FPS, Bella's comments provide further insight into just how serious and demanding path tracing is. Some have labeled Cyberpunk 2077's Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode as the new Crysis, while NVIDIA critics say that this is just another one of Jensen's schemes to sell more GPUs every cycle. Cyberpunk 2077's Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode technology preview will roll out on April 11.

See full article...

I don't get it... I mean... this has to be for the 5000 series coming up, at least I would expect so.

I don't get it... I mean... this has to be for the 5000 series coming up, at least I would expect so.
You don't remember the initial (re)branded "2080Ti - CP2077 Limited Edition" flop that destroyed that SKU's performance just at 1080P?

This is just CDPR (more than NVIDIA) hyping up this title... again... because CDPR has NOTHING on their roadmap coming until the next few years (at best, we're talking about King Euro-Jank super slow dev CDPR here) to keep its investors interested or from abandoning ship (or they could be looking for a new buyer???).

Last edited:
I'm struggling...

16 FPS with overdrive - and that's ~only~ a 40% performance hit?

Become a Patron!
Back