Check your Microcenter if you're looking for a Radeon 6800/6900

Burticus

FPS Regular
Necro thread I know...

My local MC (Richardson) has some *oh so affordable* GPUs up today

$2499 = PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate Red Devil Overclocked Triple-Fan 16GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card
$2059 = PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Liquid Devil Overclocked Liquid Cooled 16GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

Unsure if it requires camping outside the building for days

1619103792061.png

Brian_B

FPS Junkie
I think I read that debauer just set the GPU overclock record with the liquid cooled PowerColor 6900

Not sure that makes it worth $2k, but I guess if the competition is nonexistant, or a $4k 3090, that makes it seem like a decent deal.

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
Necro thread I know...

My local MC (Richardson) has some *oh so affordable* GPUs up today

$2499 = PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Ultimate Red Devil Overclocked Triple-Fan 16GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card
$2059 = PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Liquid Devil Overclocked Liquid Cooled 16GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

Unsure if it requires camping outside the building for days
It does.

I think I read that debauer just set the GPU overclock record with the liquid cooled PowerColor 6900

Not sure that makes it worth $2k, but I guess if the competition is nonexistant, or a $4k 3090, that makes it seem like a decent deal.
It isn't. For one thing, you can get these things at MSRP or close to it. You can get them via the Newegg Shuffle or from Best Buy if you get setup on the Discord channels, etc. It's certainly possible as myself and others have done it. At MSRP, the 6900XT may be compelling for some people. But at 2K, no way. It's generally worse than an RTX 3090 in every way. It's slower, doesn't do DLSS and sucks at ray tracing. Something the 3090 is actually fast enough to do.

At scalping prices, I'd rather pay $1,500 for an RTX 3080 than $2,000+ for a 6900XT.

Burticus

FPS Regular

Space_Ranger

Semi-regular

Dogsofjune

Semi-regular
AIBs are just as bad as Scalpers these days.. I'm done with it...
I hear ya. I'm slowly learning to find 14fps as my new acceptable frame rate max and my new knitting hobby has started to do well on Pinterest.
I figure between that and my Only Fans page I'll never miss my PC's., Gaming, making cartoons, enjoying memes

LazyGamer

Semi-regular
AIBs are just as bad as Scalpers these days.. I'm done with it...
Might as well make the scalpers pay scalper prices, no?

As much as I hate knowing this, higher prices are literally the only way that GPU availability gets better in the near term. I just hope that everyone that needs that revenue to build out capacity gets it before the scalpers do.

LazyGamer

Semi-regular
On another note, I was pleasantly surprised walking through Microcenter in Plano today.

Yeah, the GPU section was barren, but they had a lot of decent streamer-focused audio stuff, including real audio gear and not just Creative/Razer ripoffs of the real thing.

ALSO!

They have a whole EKWB + someone else custom loop section. And that had both 5950X and 5900X CPUs in stock. And an arseton of crappy VA and TN monitors, lol...

Space_Ranger

Semi-regular
Might as well make the scalpers pay scalper prices, no?

As much as I hate knowing this, higher prices are literally the only way that GPU availability gets better in the near term. I just hope that everyone that needs that revenue to build out capacity gets it before the scalpers do.
Problem is, that scalpers are flipping Shuffle product and STILL making a profit. I don't know what the real answer is since people are still forking out money hand over fist to get their hands on product.

Auer

Semi-regular
Problem is, that scalpers are flipping Shuffle product and STILL making a profit. I don't know what the real answer is since people are still forking out money hand over fist to get their hands on product.
Single 30+ males with IT jobs can usually spring the scalper prices with ease.

Become a Patron!