China Bans Kids from Playing Video Games for More than 90 Minutes on Weekdays

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
China thinks video games are poisoning the minds of teenagers and have imposed a curfew to curb its effects. Users younger than 18 may no longer play games for more than 90 minutes on weekdays and three hours on weekends or holidays. They are also banned from playing games between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. Furthermore, microtransaction spending is capped at $28 to $57 a month.

Video games have become a popular target. The state-run media has likened some games to “poison,” and the government has blocked sales of some titles on the grounds that they are too violent. [President Xi Jinping] spoke publicly last year about the scourge of poor eyesight among children, putting more pressure on officials to act.

Don't read in the dark it will ruin your eyes!!!

My mom, who was the one who got me into video games and who owned our first console (Atari 2600), didn't let me play video games Monday through Thursday. On Friday after school I had free reign. On the weekend only after homework was done. She also wasn't one of those parents who believed video games rot the mind, or turned kids into murderers. She was cool on most aspects of gaming life, but the no-gaming-Mon-Thurs **** really killed me. In college I just went balls-out, like I was trying to make up for lost time. These China rules though, good gawd. Although I suppose 90 min per day is better than the 0 minutes I had Mon-Thurs. 3 hours on the weekend or holidays though, fuuuuuuuuuuuck dat. Microtransaction spending should be capped. Some people have no self control. Shoulda gone all-out and banned microtransactions altogether, and blamed it on how it stops young minds from understanding the proper value of money, or something.

Lol try to enforce that on a billion people. If they hate video games so much just shut down the factories making them..... Oh wait money still wins even for so called communist.

Become a Patron!
Back