Christopher Nolan’s Tenet Delayed Indefinitely

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
tenet-mirrored-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

Things are going from bad to worse for the movie theater industry. Warner Bros. has announced that Christopher Nolan’s time-bending action thriller, Tenet, has been delayed from August 12 to an undisclosed date. That’s terrible news for cinema chains, which had hinged their grand re-opening on what was supposed to be one of 2020’s biggest summer blockbusters.

“We will share a new 2020 release date imminently for Tenet, Christopher Nolan’s wholly original and mind-blowing feature,” said Warner Bros. chairman Toby Emmerich in a statement to Variety. “We are not treating Tenet like a traditional global day-and-date release, and our upcoming marketing and distribution plans will reflect that.”

“Our goals throughout this process have been to ensure the highest odds of...

Continue reading...

They spent too much money on this film to risk opening to a partial market that is only operating at 50% capacity or less. I wish they would just at least release the prologue on the internet to whet or whistles if they can't get over themselves and just release the film digitally. Hollywood is putting too much faith in this movie that it will get people back to the theaters and I think they're going to be disappointed when they finally do release it.

They spent too much money on this film to risk opening to a partial market that is only operating at 50% capacity or less. I wish they would just at least release the prologue on the internet to whet or whistles if they can't get over themselves and just release the film digitally. Hollywood is putting too much faith in this movie that it will get people back to the theaters and I think they're going to be disappointed when they finally do release it.

I hadn't even heard of this, but what your saying makes sense.

Businesses are waiting for legislation that limits their legal exposure to re opening and having crowds of people together again. Today if they opened a line for one movie with proper spacing would take up 30% of their floor space. Don't you all remember how on big movie openings the line was densely packed with people LITERALLY bumping into each other and sharing personal space. Now put 6ft between unrelated groups and individuals and how much space does that same line consume?

Movie theaters want to be able to tell people they should space without actually providing room to space. ESPECIALLY in the movie theaters themselves. Even the 'recliner' based theaters have space issues when it comes to social distancing.

Imagine a comedy that has everyone roaring laughing in an enclosed space. Think everyone there is going to get Covid from the 'karen' in the back who isn't symptomatic and is only pretty sure they don't have covid?

Movie theaters and businesses need a legal loophole so they can open fully and not be responsible when people start getting sick because of lack of proper safety standards.

I would throw down some money just for a picture of Nolan's face if they chose to release this digitally. Whether he was on the phone, zoom, or reading mail, it would be priceless at that exact moment.

Become a Patron!
Back