Command and Conquer Remastered Gets LAN Support

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Command-Conquer-Remastered-1024x576.jpg
Image: Petroglyph Games/EA

When details for the Command and Conquer Remastered Collection were revealed in May, there was one notable missing feature: LAN support. At the time, Producer Jim Vessella said that they were unable to finish implementing it due to the COVID-19 outbreak. He did, however, state they intended to add it at a later date. Well, the wait is over, as the latest patch has added it.

As requested by the community over the course of the project, this update includes our official implementation of LAN Play.  LAN Play allows players to enjoy Mod content in multiplayer and should be an evergreen way to...

Continue reading...

LAN play? Now you have my attention! Might have to get the band back together for some old school LAN party action! After the plague ends anyway.

Good. LAN support was something we used to take for granted, and now we gotta make a big deal of pointing it out just cuz it's so dang rare now. This needs to go back to being a standard feature for games with multiplayer components. Also bring back shiznit like spawn installations/spawn copies.

I hate giving EA any money but I might have to find some spare cash and pony up for a couple of copies if it looks like my son will play the game.

Become a Patron!
Back