Cooler Master Readies Its Groundbreaking Modular Hardware Platform MasterHub for Release

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Streamers, content creators, and PC enthusiasts alike have something to be excited about as Cooler Master readies its MasterHub for release. Now while a press release is circulating announcing the launch of Cooler Master's modular hub it is not actually planned to ship until mid-September. Cooler Master presently has a Kickstarter campaign for the MasterHub where the first 1000 backers, and early birds, can get a $100 discount.

See full article...

For those that may've missed it, @David_Schroth got a peek at this at CES 2024.

So 100 bucks off... meaning the device is well north of 100 bucks... does it come with ALL of the various configurable components that plug into the hub? I need to read.. will come back and edit.

Prices nowhere to be found. If you're an ACTUAL pro streamer or making content of a higher quality sure.

So many wannabe kids are going to jump into this ecosystem JUST to stream about it. It's supposed to be an accompaniment to what you are already doing. If you're buying this as a toy I hope it doesn't dent your disposable income. For me it doesn't appear to add enough value. Not to say it won't for you.

Also didn't like the picture of all the snazzy things that can plug into it with the notation: Coming soon.

Looks pretty nifty.

Wish I had a use case to justify getting one. I can see how it would be very useful for many types of work. Just nothing I do. Or at least that I can think of right now. I suppose this could change at some point.

Now if they added a game controller module....

Prices nowhere to be found.
Actually, from the post (around the top-middle), but true in terms of online:

"The MasterHub begins with its magnetic base ($99 per Tom’s Hardware) which can then be physically configured per the user’s needs by adding various components. According to Tom’s, there will be a $399 bundle kit which includes a 15-key IPS display, five slide fader controls, and a three-dial module and the magnetic base. An optional customizable display with an LED dial will also be made available."

Become a Patron!
Back